Julia user meetup in Trondheim?

Hey. Thanks for so many ideas :smiley: .

Following the nice markdown docs you set up, I think that holding the presentations at NTNU and then moving to the town for having a drink or something would be great. Since there shouldn’t be so many people outside NTNU, the locked doors is something manageable. I will share this link with some Julia users and colleagues around at sintef for them to present something. Can I prepare some visual announcement for it, like a flyer?

Oh yes, sure! I am by far no expert in flyers and designs.
Please give me a few flyers than es well than I can promote it a bit here at the department as well :slight_smile:

Let me know when I can help with something.

Hey rony,

Thanks for your answer. I can draft a meetup flyer. It would be important to have a list of talks. I could talk in 15 min, also you? Anyone else from you dept. Would be interested to talk?

I am getting confirmation from people at sintef to participate as well.

You, Chris, me, SINTEF would make enough material to make a flyer and call people.

Best,

Vinicius

Yes I could also do 15 minutes, just that since this is during the semester the precise day would be neat to know – since with teaching and supervision I am not 100% free.

We could also ask @mateuszbaran whether he has something to talk about, since he is also here

Nice!

About the time. I think that avoiding working hours is the best way to handle conflict with people’s schedule. Maybe holding it on Friday at 15:45 and having informal presentations could be a good way of doing it. How does it sound?

There’s a room in K4 at second floor that accommodate about 30 people with a projector. We usually do after-work gathering there on Fridays.

Do we all have access there? If so then sure.

Friday sounds good to me.

There is the door locking problem for people without a NTNU card, but I can put my number in the flyer. People can just call or text and I can open the door.

1 Like

Sure, I can give a short talk too. Friday evening sounds good.

2 Likes

Hey Folks,

Since we couldn’t find the perfect spot for both presentations and chatting, we’ve decided to keep things simple and go for an informal social gathering instead! :smile:

To help us book a table at a bar in the city center, we’ve prepared a quick form for you to fill out. Let us know if you’re joining, and we’ll make sure to reserve enough space for everyone!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

3 Likes

I created a dedicated thread for announcements of monthly meetings in Trondheim at Julia User Group Trondheim: Monthly Meeting

where we can also always announce a talk for the next meeting (discussed at the end of a current one).

3 Likes