Julia, julia , julia

…until we will reach 1 billion of users, “Julia” is a bad name for a programming language…

uuuhhaaaaaa!!!

Edit:

here it is the correct link to the documentation of the Hypergeometric distribution in the Distributions.jl package: Univariate Distributions · Distributions.jl

20 Likes

Haha but is “multigeometric distribution” a real thing?

3 Likes

Since the name isn’t going to change, let’s solve the problem by getting to a billion users. :laughing:

21 Likes

That’s still better than search stuff for LaTeX…

45 Likes

I remember searching for some instructions on how to insert jpg images to LaTeX back then…

6 Likes

Everybody at next JuliaCon should be wearing one of those outfits.

9 Likes

Google tries hard to match your preferences!

10 Likes

Also, there are several people named Julia Lang.

12 Likes

Things would be completely messed up if some of them would start programming in Julia and attract programmer followers. Actually, I think they already know about the Julia language because of spam from programmers.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with your Google? :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

It’s still better than R

6 Likes

Mixed results here:

nonono… I can assure you that’s not my style… and in general I don’t look on clothes… (but maybe by wife, on a shared pc… hmmm… what Google just taught me… this kind of things can actually be dangerous…)

1 Like

I’d suggest switching to a good search engine :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

:repeat:

1 Like

Only slightly off-topic : most people googling „multiscale“ will find …

one of the Pokémon with multiscale ability is called Lugia - so close to an anagram…

5 Likes

One of the best abilities in Pokemon :baby:

1 Like

Since this thread is now the top result of the “julia multigeometric distribution” search, a link to the actual result would be good

6 Likes

We invented a recursive thread…

6 Likes

A while back I lazily searched “Julia ANN” for stuff related to Artificial Neural Networks and got an nsfw professional instead