Interested in starting Seattle Julia user group?

I am in Seattle and notice there are no Julia meetup group in Seattle. Probing the community to see if there is enough interest out there to start one.

Thanks
Daryoush

3 Likes

I’d be interested!

1 Like

@staticfloat, and @ararslan are Seattle locals and there was a meetup organised by @cscherrer last summer.

3 Likes

Hi @Daryoush_Mehrtash! Yes, I’ve been hoping to get something like this going for some time. It would be great to build up the Julia community in Seattle!

2 Likes

Wow! Have been expecting this for long time.

2 Likes

In my experience with attending technology meetups, the successful ones usually have a one or more company sponsors that provide location, pay for food, and cost of bringing in quality speakers.

Do we know of any company in Seattle/Bellevue area that are active in Julia or may be potentially evaluating it that we can contact to see if there is interest in sponsoring the Julia meetup?

I have attended many meetups but never tried to organize one. Are there any suggestion on how to start the ball rolling?

Thanks

Daryoush

1 Like

I would be interested in this as well. And now with circumstances we wouldn’t have imagined back in 2019, we could simply do this over Zoom.

2 Likes

I wasn’t in Seattle when this was first posted, but I am now, and would be interested in a real or virtual meetup if it happened…

1 Like

I’d also be interested! A virtual meetup would probably be easier for me though.

1 Like

Yes. It would be great to find Julia enthusiasts in Seattle.

Daryoush

1 Like