IJulia (not found in project or manifest)

Hi all

That is the very first time I try to use Julia. I already have a Anaconda Python v3 distribution (Windows 10) installed on my pc and I want to integrate it with Julia
This is what I have done

• Downloaded julia-1.5.2-win64.exe from the website and installed Julia
  • Then in the REPL:
    ENV["JUPYTER"]="C:\\ProgramData\\Anaconda3\\Scripts\\jupyter.exe"
    using Pkg
    Pkg.build("IJulia")
    which returns the following error:
ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:
 * IJulia (not found in project or manifest)

Stacktrace:
 [1] pkgerror(::String) at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\Types.jl:52
 [2] ensure_resolved(::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}; registry::Bool) at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\Types.jl:837
 [3] ensure_resolved at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\Types.jl:802 [inlined]
 [4] build(::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}; verbose::Bool, kwargs::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}) at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\API.jl:744
 [5] build at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\API.jl:729 [inlined]
 [6] #build#69 at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\API.jl:67 [inlined]
 [7] build at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\API.jl:67 [inlined]
 [8] #build#68 at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\API.jl:66 [inlined]
 [9] build at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\API.jl:66 [inlined]
 [10] build(::String; kwargs::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}) at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\API.jl:65
 [11] build(::String) at D:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.5\Pkg\src\API.jl:65
 [12] top-level scope at REPL[3]:1

The same happens when I set the ENV["PYTHON"] value and try Pkg.build("PyCall")

Try using Pkg.add rather than Pkg.build

If you look at the docs/help for both of them I think add is what you want.

julia> using Pkg

help?> Pkg.add
  Add a package to the current project. This package will be available by using the import and using keywords in the Julia REPL, and
  if the current project is a package, also inside that package.

help?> Pkg.build
  Run the build script in deps/build.jl for pkg and all of its dependencies in depth-first recursive order. If no argument is given to
  build, the current project is built, which thus needs to be a package. This function is called automatically on any package that
  gets installed for the first time. verbose = true prints the build output to stdout/stderr instead of redirecting to the build.log
  file.
3 Likes

thanks