How to stop the notification of julia extension of vscode about "help to improve ..." without accepting it

If you are using Julia on VS Code, then you are aware of the automatic notification of the Julia extension which asks you the following;

To help improve the julia extension, you can anonymously send usage statistics to the team.

And there is only one option to choose from “Yes, I want to help improve the julia extension”. Or you can just close the notification. However if you don’t accept it, the next time you open your VS Code to do julia coding, you will get this notification again. I know they have a good intention, but I don’t feel happy to see it every time, and no matter how many time it repeat showing itself, I will not choose it. Is there anyone who knows how to disable this notification? I just did a quick search here and in Google and didn’t see any post about it. If it is a repeated post, please let me know.

3 Likes

In the extensions settings there is “Enable Telemetry”. You can set it to true or false:

{
    "telemetry.enableTelemetry": true,
    "terminal.integrated.shell.windows": "C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\WindowsPowerShell\\v1.0\\powershell.exe",
    "julia.enableTelemetry": true,
    "julia.usePlotPane": false
}
3 Likes

That is also described in the privacy policy Privacy Policy · julia-vscode/julia-vscode Wiki · GitHub that I believe is linked to from the notification.

5 Likes

@davidanthoff You’re right. I only read half of the page and didn’t look at the second half. Thanks anyway. So these two options have three values: true, null and false.

Yes, exactly. null is the default and will show the nag.

2 Likes