How to install CNNVisualize

Hi everyone.

I want to install CNNVisualize. When I try to install it using

import Pkg; Pkg.add("CNNVisualize")

I’m getting the following error:

The following package names could not be resolved:
 * CNNVisualize (not found in project, manifest or registry)
Please specify by known `name=uuid`.

Stacktrace:
 [1] pkgerror(::String) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/Types.jl:113
 [2] #ensure_resolved#101(::Bool, ::typeof(Pkg.Types.ensure_resolved), ::Pkg.Types.EnvCache, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/Types.jl:936
 [3] #ensure_resolved at ./none:0 [inlined]
 [4] #add#25(::Bool, ::Pkg.BinaryPlatforms.Linux, ::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::typeof(Pkg.API.add), ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:97
 [5] add(::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:72
 [6] #add#24 at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:69 [inlined]
 [7] add at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:69 [inlined]
 [8] #add#21 at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:67 [inlined]
 [9] add at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:67 [inlined]
 [10] #add#20(::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::typeof(Pkg.API.add), ::String) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:66
 [11] add(::String) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:66
 [12] top-level scope at In[5]:1

Can someone tell me how to install CNNVisualize.

The repo has been archived: https://github.com/avik-pal/CNNVisualize.jl.
I suspect it will have some incompatibilities with Julia 1.0.

I followed this link. But it is not working for me.

Technically, you want to use ] add https://github.com/avik-pal/CNNVisualize.jl. But as @e3c6 mentioned, this package hasn’t been updated for 2 years, so it (almost certainly) won’t work. You would have to update it for the Julia 1.x era.

How can I update it for Julia 1.x ?

The easiest way is probably to check whether the package works under Julia v0.7, if it does it will give you deprecation warnings that tell you what bits of the syntax used in the package need to change to make it 1.0 compatible. Moving from 1.0 to 1.3 (if you want/have to) should then be straightforward.

1 Like