Cannot install any Julia package on Atom

I re-installed Atom and Julia 1.3 and cannot install any package. I get this error

ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:
 * PACKAGENAME.jl (not found in project, manifest or registry)
Please specify by known `name=uuid`.

Can you include the code you executed to get this error and also the full error message?

using Distributed

addprocs(7)
@everywhere Pkg.add("Distributions.jl")

and the error

ERROR: On worker 2:
The following package names could not be resolved:
 * Distributions.jl (not found in project, manifest or registry)
Please specify by known `name=uuid`.
pkgerror at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/Types.jl:113
#ensure_resolved#101 at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/Types.jl:936
#ensure_resolved at ./none:0 [inlined]
#add#25 at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:97
add at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:72
#add#24 at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:69 [inlined]
add at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:69 [inlined]
#add#21 at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:67 [inlined]
add at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:67 [inlined]
#add#20 at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:66
add at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/API.jl:66
top-level scope at none:0
eval at ./boot.jl:330
#105 at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Distributed/src/process_messages.jl:290
run_work_thunk at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Distributed/src/process_messages.jl:79
run_work_thunk at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Distributed/src/process_messages.jl:88
#98 at ./task.jl:333

...and 7 more exception(s).

the way to do this is you install Distributions once normally, then

addprocs(7)
@everywhere using Distributions

I had mistyped, the actual code I ran to install Distributions is posted above.

you don’t want to install it @everywhere, you install normally, say in REPL, ]add Distributions

I don’t think this is the problem. I tried without everywhere and still I get this problem.

what did you try?

using Pkg
Pkg.add("Distributions.jl")

ah, wait, you should have

Pkg.add("Distributions")

without the .jl

perfect, sorry for the stupid question. Thank you!