Package cannot be installed on Julia 1.0.4

I cannot install my Package in Julia.
Github link for my package: https://github.com/r0cketr1kky/Dogsay.jl
I tried to install it by using Pkg; Pkg.add(“Dogsay”) and I keep getting the following error:

ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:

• Dogsay (not found in project, manifest or registry)
    Please specify by known name=uuid.
    Stacktrace:
    [1] pkgerror(::String) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux32/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/Types.jl:120
    [2] #ensure_resolved#43(::Bool, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.EnvCache, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux32/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/Types.jl:900
    [3] #ensure_resolved at ./none:0 [inlined]
    [4] #add_or_develop#15(::Symbol, ::Bool, ::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux32/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:64
    [5] #add_or_develop at ./none:0 [inlined]
    [6] #add_or_develop#14 at /buildworker/worker/package_linux32/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:34 [inlined]
    [7] #add_or_develop at ./none:0 [inlined]
    [8] #add_or_develop#11 at /buildworker/worker/package_linux32/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:33 [inlined]
    [9] #add_or_develop at ./none:0 [inlined]
    [10] #add_or_develop#10 at /buildworker/worker/package_linux32/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:32 [inlined]
    [11] #add_or_develop at ./none:0 [inlined]
    [12] #add#20 at /buildworker/worker/package_linux32/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:74 [inlined]
    [13] add(::String) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux32/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:74
    [14] top-level scope at none:0

I can’t ]add Dogsay either, is your package registered with the General registry?

@Sukera No it isn’t. Could you share details on how I could add it to the General registry?

I don’t know the details off the top of my head, but this should be your starting point for registering a package with General.

You can also specify the full url to the package and install it without registering it.

3 Likes