How do the user trust levels work?

I noticed that my trust level is member, which is described as someone who has taken part in discussions here over a couple of weeks. My account is much older than that and I even think I had a higher trust level once, but don’t seem to anymore. I don’t really care about the level but it struck me as a bit odd. When I looked at the regular level page Regular badge on JuliaLang I saw that there is at least one three months old account in there, so I wondered what the logic behind this was. As the levels come with moderator rights, maybe it would be good to clarify how they are given out. The last level, leader, has only been given out three times since end of 2016 Leader badge on JuliaLang. Maybe someone can point me to a page where the algorithm behind this is explained, I’d be interested to know how this system works.

I think we’re using these criteria.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status . If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member.

3 Likes

Every time I’ve reached trust level 3 it was always right before going on vacation; by the time I got back I had lost it again…

Trust level 4 is assigned manually. I suspect that there are no formal conditions but I might be wrong.

I am surprised I haven’t reached level 2 yet. According to the level requirements, my stats suggest I should have:

Nevermind. I had to reply to 3 threads I didn’t start (this being of them). Done it now.