Has Moderna used Pumas AI for mRNA modeling and simulation?

A few days ago, I saw a Julia related tweet announcing that Pumas AI was involved in modeling and simulating Moderna’s mRNA.
In a discussion with a friend about Julia vs Python I told him this news, but when I was asked to link to the tweet, I couldn’t find it. Looks like it was deleted.
My question is: was Pumas AI really used by Moderna?

4 Likes

There’s a quote on the pumas.ai main page:

We have been using Pumas software for our pharmacometric needs to support our development decisions and regulatory submissions. Pumas software has surpassed our expectations on its accuracy and ease of use. We are encouraged by its capability of supporting different types of pharmacometric analyses within one software. Pumas has emerged as our “go-to” tool for most of our analyses in recent months. We also work with Pumas-AI on drug development consulting. We are impressed by the quality and breadth of the experience of Pumas-AI scientists in collaborating with us on modeling and simulation projects across our pipeline spanning investigational therapeutics and vaccines at various stages of clinical development.

DIRECTOR, HEAD OF CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY AND PHARMACOMETRICS, MODERNA THERAPEUTICS, INC

Husain A. PhD

It cycles through with other quotes so you might have to wait a bit to catch it. They don’t mention specifically the mRNA vaccine though, but I understand it to be a recent quote, so seems like it might be about that (but I really don’t know).

4 Likes