Can't get Juno to launch anymore

I am trying get Juno to launch but for the life of me can’t figure out how to do so. I have uninstalled and re-installed it but atom does not open the pane on the left featuring the Julia run, stop, etc. buttons. I also cannot get the REPL to appear. I think I may have accidentally changed some setting because it was working just fine earlier, but even a clean re-install of Juno isn’t working now and I can’t even find it in the packages menu pane. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

I assume you are using Atom. I experienced same problem. I had to go and press “control + comma” on Windows, to get to “Settings”. Then I click “open config folder”

Then I deleted all related to Julia:

Since sometimes “uninstall” under “Packages” in “Settings” would fail. Then I would go and install “uber-juno” and then before closing Atom I would go to the settings of “uber-juno” and tick off:

(Tick off, means REMOVE the “yes”, so it becomes blank)

Then I would restart Atom and it would reinstall everything - then I think I had to close and open and everything was there.

Kind regards

Thanks for the response! I just got frustrated to a point where I figured it would just be easier to re-install atom and Juno from scratch but even this does not seem to work. I tried your instructions but unfortunately I still I have the same issue. The REPL doesn’t show up, most importantly the pane on the right where all the buttons were is gone and I can’t figure out how to get it back (internet forum search has been fruitless). I think this might be an issue with Atom instead of Juno but I have been unable to figure out how to get atom to revert to default settings instead of whatever this is, not even re-installing atom and Juno seems to fix this issue as the reinstalled Atom just reverts to its old settings :frowning:

Can you see the Juno toolbar?

Maybe you can click something there. Else I hope someone else has a solution…

Kind regards

Nope, Juno simply does not appear on the toolbar whatsoever :frowning:

I have no idea how, but I suspect it is because the “don’t run on installation uncheck” did not register with atom, but the problem seems to have magically fixed itself after I made sure the uncheck was registered and then restarted atom. Thanks for the help, that’s the last time I change any settings on atom!

Haha no problem, glad it was resolved!

Kind regards