Belgium (Ghent), December 21: User meetup

Hi all,

We’re organizing a Julia user meetup at Ghent University, Belgium, on the 21st of December. There will be multiple talks, and a reception afterwards for a chance to socialize with fellow Julia users and developers. The schedule is not yet finalized, but please mark your attendance if you’re interested in this event at Login to Meetup | Meetup

If you want to give a presentation at this event, please send me a message before the end of September.

7 Likes

And we have a program:

14:00 Doors opened

14:30 Tutorial by Tim Besard on effectively using GPUs with Julia
15:30 Talk by Ben Lauwens on the ThinkJulia book and associated package

16:15 Break

16:30 Talk by Bart Janssens on UIs for Julia notebooks and applications
17:15 Talk by Jutho Haegeman on efficient strided arrays with Strided.jl

18:00 Reception

4 Likes

You guys can run meetups so close to Christmas! I did once in Sydney and only 4 people turned up.

Many people living in other countries return to see family for the holidays, so it is quite common to do this.

1 Like

Meet-up was a great success! Here are some materials/slides from today’s talks:

5 Likes

Very nice GPU slides! The composability with DistributedArrays is mind-blowing!

1 Like

Very nice. Will try to allocate some time next week for it. I’m just starting with a User Group Julia Leuven (UG.jl)! Completely missed this even existed. I’d love to chat about it some more. Are ya’ll meeting up somewhere online these days (except here ofc)? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There hasn’t been a meet-up since the one listed here in 2018 (not on-line either, I think subject-specific meet-ups like the bi-monthly GPU or ML calls/gatherings we have are more suitable for that). But good to know something’s happening in Leuven too, and happy to join events there once we can have them again :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like