Available soon for new work

Hello all,

As some of you know, I work as an intstructor for Metis, a data science training company. I’m also the lead developer for Soss.jl, a Julia-based probabilistic programming language.

Metis has been working for some time to build up enrollment at our Seattle campus. This has steadily improved, but unfortunately the improvements have not been quick enough. The campus will close at the end of the year, and Seattle-based staff (including me) will need to find new work.

My expertise is in computational statistics, especially in the area of probabilistic programming. I have worked in Python, R, C, Ocaml, Haskell, and of course my strong preference Julia.

Most of my work has not focused on publication, but for the pieces that have my results have been good, including leading cross-functional teams to publish at ICML and NIPS. Some of my recent work is described in my blog. Outside of what’s described there, my skills include technical leadership, technical writing, presentations, teaching, and mentoring.

Let me know if you’d like to chat!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chadscherrer/

20 Likes

Chad is great. Hire Chad.

4 Likes

Thank you Cameron :slightly_smiling_face: