Antivirus hit during package install

*tl;dr : *
I get an antivirus hit when I install the ZMQ package. Unsure what it means. It is of no consequence to me as of now.

Hi! Unsure where to post this, but I just wanted to raise this particular issue just in case it is a symptom of something sinister.

It is probably just a false positive, but the after I installed Juno in Atom, I got an antivirus hit (with NOD32) while downloading the packages during the initial startup of julia. I got it on both my desktop and laptop computer. Just to make sure, I tried again today : I uninstalled julia, reinstalled it and tried to add the package that generated the hit (ZMQ) and I still got the error.

Sorry for the french part of these, but I think you’ll all get the gist of it. First, here’s the error in the console :

julia> Pkg.add("ZMQ")
  Resolving package versions...
  Installed Artifacts ─── v1.3.0
  Installed ZeroMQ_jll ── v4.3.2+5
  Installed JLLWrappers ─ v1.1.2
  Installed ZMQ ───────── v1.2.1
Downloading artifact: ZeroMQ
Exception lors de l'appel de «DownloadFile» avec «2» argument(s): «Une exception s'est produite lors d'une requête WebClient.»
Au caractère Ligne:12 : 1
+ $webclient.DownloadFile(" ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException
Updating `C:\Users\edited\.julia\environments\v1.5\Project.toml`
  [c2297ded] + ZMQ v1.2.1
Updating `C:\Users\edited\.julia\environments\v1.5\Manifest.toml`
  [56f22d72] + Artifacts v1.3.0
  [692b3bcd] + JLLWrappers v1.1.2
  [c2297ded] + ZMQ v1.2.1
  [8f1865be] + ZeroMQ_jll v4.3.2+5

The WebClient error is due to my AV blocking the connexion. Here is the AV message :

I could not find any information regarding the URL/Urlik.G menace, however.

I don’t really need any kind of workaround as I am able to do everything I need for the moment without that package, but I thought it best to at least let people know in case it is more than a false positive.

Have a great day, all!

I had the same problem.
After some digging, I found out it was a problem with PowerShell 1.0
If you download Powershell 7.0 and replace powershell.exe with powershell 7, it will solve the problem

1 Like