[ANN] MuJoCo.jl: Julia bindings and visualiser for the MuJoCo physics engine

Introducing MuJoCo.jl: Julia bindings for DeepMind’s MuJoCo physics engine!

MuJoCo.jl contains a Julia wrapper for DeepMind’s general-purpose physics engine, MuJoCo. It allows users to simulate robotic systems, their controllers, and their interactions with surrounding environments, all in native Julia.

This wrapper aims to provide a simple, performant interface to the MuJoCo C library, allowing direct manipulation of the data used by the C engine for optimal performance.

The package also includes a fully-interactive visualiser, allowing the user to observe the response of MuJoCo models under passive or controlled dynamics, or to inspect saved motions as a trajectory to be replayed later.

Much of this project builds upon the work from Lyceum and their package Lyceum/MuJoCo.jl, along with their visualisation project Lyceum/LyceumMuJoCoViz.jl. We would like to thank the authors of these packages for their amazing work in originally bringing MuJoCo to Julia.

This work is joint effort between myself and @nic-barbara.

Check out the project on GitHub and the documentation to get started!

15 Likes

Awesome news! It was my pleasure to work on this with you guys at JuliaCon (even though I only provided emotional support :D). Happy to see, that the hard work paid off!

1 Like