This subcategory is for geo-related discussions. This includes using Julia in geosciences, or dealing with geospatial data.
Besides using Julia for the above, the development of an ecosystem of packages that allow typical geospatial processing workflows is also discussed.
- JuliaGeo/meta for discussion centered around the JuliaGeo organization
- JuliaGeometry organisation for computational geometry
- Slides from a 2016 presentation titled Geospatial Processing with Julia by @yeesian
- Video of a JuliaCon 2016 presentation titled Accurate 3D mapping with Geodesy and Proj4 by @Chris_Foster
- Video of a JuliaCon 2018 presentation titled Building a strong foundation for geospatial innovation by @visr
- julia-geo mailing list for earlier discussion threads