Would it be possible to add a Julia package that exports notebooks in the Jupyter notebook extension of VSCode?

The developers of the Jupyter notebook extension of VSCode may be revising the way Jupyter notebooks are exported.

So, I wonder if there is a Julia package that could also export Jupyter notebooks and if the authors of that package could contact the developers of the Jupyter notebook extension to add the ability to export notebooks with the Julia package.

I think the best solution there would be to have something written in Javascript/Typescript, so that notebook export in VS Code just works without the need to install any additional language.

1 Like

While I agree that your solution would be the best, I haven’t found such a package. So, the second best solution for exporting notebooks might be for the Python community to use a Python package and the Julia community to use a Julia package (if one exists).

Currently, the Jupyter notebook extension uses the Python extension to find a Python environment with the necessary packages to export notebooks. So, I wonder if it is also possible that the Jupyter notebook extension could use the Julia extension to find a Julia environment with the necessary packages to export notebooks.

So far, I have only found the NotebookToLatex.jl package, but it doesn’t seem to cover all the options that the Jupyter notebook extension has. So I wonder if there is another Julia package that can export Jupyter notebooks.