WinRPM doesn't build: Cannot parse XML file

Some time ago I successfully installed the WinRPM.
I recently ran into trouble with some packages and decided to wipe the package dir v0.5. Since then, I cannot install the WinRPM package (which I need for the HDF5 package):

julia> Pkg.build("WinRPM")
INFO: Building WinRPM
=============================================================================[ ERROR: WinRPM ]==============================================================================

LoadError: LoadError: InitError: "ErrorException(\"Error parsing document : 0\"), not well-formed (invalid token), 1, 9865, 9865"
during initialization of module WinRPM
while loading C:\Users\<user>\.julia\v0.5\WinRPM\src\WinRPM.jl, in expression starting on line 515
while loading C:\Users\<user>\.julia\v0.5\WinRPM\deps\build.jl, in expression starting on line 1

============================================================================================================================================================================

==============================================================================[ BUILD ERRORS ]==============================================================================

WARNING: WinRPM had build errors.

- packages with build errors remain installed in C:\Users\<user>\.julia\v0.5
 - build the package(s) and all dependencies with `Pkg.build("WinRPM")`
 - build a single package by running its `deps/build.jl` script

============================================================================================================================================================================

Apparently, the first error occurs when parsing the file https://cache.julialang.org/http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win64/openSUSE_42.2/repodata/repomd.xml with LibExpat.xp_parse.
Was this XML file changed recently?

My computer info:

julia> versioninfo()
Julia Version 0.5.2
Commit f4c6c9d (2017-05-06 16:34 UTC)
Platform Info:
  CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz
  WORD_SIZE: 64
  BLAS: libopenblas (USE64BITINT DYNAMIC_ARCH NO_AFFINITY Haswell)
  LAPACK: libopenblas64_
  LIBM: libopenlibm
  LLVM: libLLVM-3.7.1 (ORCJIT, broadwell)

When was the last time you ran Pkg.update() ? Do you have any local modifications to that package listed in Pkg.status() ?

I’ve just looked at the problem again and realized that you tagged a new version 7 days ago – a few days after my post. I’ll try to update now.

Ah right, the edit made this show up in the /latest listing as if it were more recent than it actually was.

Actually, I’m still getting the same error even with the new XML from the updated openSUSE URL

I deleted ~/julia/v0.5 and ran Pkg.add("WinRPM") as the first command.

INFO: Building WinRPM
WARNING: skipping repodata/repomd.xml, not in cache -- call WinRPM.update() to download
WARNING: skipping repodata/repomd.xml, not in cache -- call WinRPM.update() to download
INFO: Downloading https://cache.julialang.org/http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/repodata/repomd.xml
===================================================[ ERROR: WinRPM ]====================================================

LoadError: "ErrorException(\"Error parsing document : 0\"), not well-formed (invalid token), 1, 9865, 9865"
while loading C:\Users\robert\.julia\v0.5\WinRPM\deps\build.jl, in expression starting on line 2

========================================================================================================================

====================================================[ BUILD ERRORS ]====================================================

WARNING: WinRPM had build errors.

- packages with build errors remain installed in C:\Users\robert\.julia\v0.5
 - build the package(s) and all dependencies with `Pkg.build("WinRPM")`
 - build a single package by running its `deps/build.jl` script

========================================================================================================================
INFO: Package database updated

Anybody experiencing the same problem?
I get this error even on a computer with a freshly installed Windows where Julia is the first program I install…

Yes see windows 32 (\"Error parsing document : 0\"), no element found, 1, 1, 0" · Issue #104 · JuliaPackaging/WinRPM.jl · GitHub

Do you have reproducible test case that always throws that error? For me it shows up intermittently and thus hard to track the exact source of the problem.

It shows up every time for me – ever since I commented on that issue :slight_smile:

I finally resolved the problem by deleting the entire ~\.julia folder… Just deleting e.g. ~\.julia\v0.5 wasn’t sufficient.