What IDE allow to work on 2 monitors

• lsp-julia had some changing maintainers, therefore the currently working version is in a forked repo (GitHub - gdkrmr/lsp-julia) and is not registered in melpa.
  • I am using the spacemacs julia layer, which takes care of the emacs side of things and everything works pretty well.
  • There is more than one lsp frontend for emacs (another one is eglot: GitHub - joaotavora/eglot: A client for Language Server Protocol servers), I only tried l lsp-mode but since they implemented asynchronous startup I am pretty happy with it.
  • The julia server crashes from time to time and has to be restarted, my best guess is that this is an issue with LanguageServer.jl but I cannot say this for certain.
  • There is the issue that often the latest release versions of all the LanguageServer.jl don’t work with each other, which is something the maintainers of LanguageServer.jl would have to fix.
  • If you want versions that are guaranteed to work with each other, I recommend installing the same versions that are used with the VSCode extension, you can find the version here.
  • As said above, for me it works pretty well in spacemacs, and it comes with many other perks, such as projectile and git integration. It is true that lsp-julia has received significantly less (probably the minimum amount of work necessary to get it to run for the few people that actually use it) work than the julia integrations for vscode or atom and therefore require more fiddling from the user’s side.

There is also the possibility to make julia work with jupyter notebooks in emacs, but I have never tried it (see: Emacs-based workflow)

1 Like