Weird Errors in Julia VS Code

I started today getting weird errors when I tried to run Julia on my laptop. I re-installed Julia but nothing changed. Do you have any clue why this is happening and how I can fix it?

└ ── unknown unicode character ‘\0’
Stacktrace:
[1] top-level scope
@ c:\Users.vscode\extensions\julialang.language-julia-1.74.2\scripts\languageserver\main.jl:1
in expression starting at c:\Users.vscode\extensions\julialang.language-julia-1.74.2\scripts\languageserver\main.jl:1
[Error - 3:18:42 PM] Server initialization failed.
Message: Pending response rejected since connection got disposed
Code: -32097
[Error - 3:18:42 PM] The Julia Language Server server crashed 5 times in the last 3 minutes. The server will not be restarted. See the output for more information.
[Error - 3:18:42 PM] Julia Language Server client: couldn’t create connection to server.
[Error - 3:18:42 PM] Restarting server failed
[Error - 3:18:42 PM] Server process exited with code 1.

A NUL (Unicode/ASCII ‘\0’) has slipped into one of your Julia files, more than likely. That shouldn’t bring the entire language server down, I encourage you to file an issue about that.

It’s not 100% clear that the NUL is in your source code, but if so, removing it should get things back on track.

I had to delete the remaining files on the Julia folder with brute force and then reinstall Julia to fix the issue. I am not sure how the error slipped into one of my files. It works fine now, so I am not sure if it is necessary to file an issue unless it occurs again. Thanks for your answer!

1 Like