VSCode: Unicode tab completion stopped working

Some days ago the tab completion (of Unicode chars) suddenly stopped working on VSCode.

I only have these plugins installed:

I have only recently started using VSCode. I don’t see any error message anywhere. Any idea what might be wrong?

I already removed and reinstalled the Julia plugin, and nothing.

Thank you.

edit: now I happened to open and close VSCode several times in a row, and I am getting this message:

1 Like

Same issue here.
(Thought mistakenly that it was due to the installation of some LaTeX extensions.)

1 Like

Which version of Julia are you using? IIRC the latest stable release doesn’t work on 1.6.2 or 1.7; insiders supports the former and will support the latter soon.

Edit: Actually, 1.2.7 and up should work fine with Julia 1.6.2.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation.
(using julia Version 1.7.0-beta3.0, which is such a delight with the automatic missing packages installation N/[Y] feature, love it)

I’m using 1.6.1.

Is there anything I can do to get a meaningful error messages?

Go to Outputs > Julia Language Server and report any error messages you might see there.

1 Like

Edit: I have installed Julia 1.6.2 and after all the packages got precompiled again, the LanguageSever is working.

I have:

fatal: error thrown and no exception handler available.
InitError(mod=:IntelOpenMP_jll, error=ErrorException("Artifact "IntelOpenMP" was not installed correctly. Try `using Pkg; Pkg.instantiate()` to re-install all missing resources."))
error at ./error.jl:33
_artifact_str at /home/leandro/programs/julia/julia-1.6.1/share/julia/stdlib/v1.6/Artifacts/src/Artifacts.jl:551

just doing what the error tells me to do didn’t do anything. But I guess something is broken in some installation.

It may have something to do with: https://github.com/julia-vscode/julia-vscode/issues/1990

but removing MKL didn’t solve for me (deleting .julia is not an option exactly now).

full error
fatal: error thrown and no exception handler available.
InitError(mod=:IntelOpenMP_jll, error=ErrorException("Artifact "IntelOpenMP" was not installed correctly. Try `using Pkg; Pkg.instantiate()` to re-install all missing resources."))
error at ./error.jl:33
_artifact_str at /home/leandro/programs/julia/julia-1.6.1/share/julia/stdlib/v1.6/Artifacts/src/Artifacts.jl:551
jfptr__artifact_str_49909 at /home/leandro/programs/julia/julia-1.6.1/lib/julia/sys.so (unknown line)
_jl_invoke at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/gf.c:2237 [inlined]
jl_apply_generic at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/gf.c:2419
jl_apply at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/julia.h:1703 [inlined]
jl_f__call_latest at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/builtins.c:714
jl_apply at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/julia.h:1703 [inlined]
do_apply at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/builtins.c:670
#invokelatest#2 at ./essentials.jl:708
do_apply at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/builtins.c:670
invokelatest at ./essentials.jl:706
do_call at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/interpreter.c:115
eval_value at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/interpreter.c:204
eval_stmt_value at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/interpreter.c:155 [inlined]
eval_body at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/interpreter.c:562
jl_fptr_interpret_call at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/interpreter.c:650
macro expansion at /home/leandro/programs/julia/julia-1.6.1/share/julia/stdlib/v1.6/Artifacts/src/Artifacts.jl:680 [inlined]
find_artifact_dir at /home/leandro/.julia/packages/JLLWrappers/bkwIo/src/wrapper_generators.jl:15
__init__ at /home/leandro/.julia/packages/IntelOpenMP_jll/TUm6w/src/wrappers/x86_64-linux-gnu.jl:7
jl_module_run_initializer at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/toplevel.c:72
_julia_init at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/init.c:794
repl_entrypoint at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/src/jlapi.c:696
main at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/cli/loader_exe.c:51
__libc_start_main at /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (unknown line)
_start at /home/leandro/programs/julia/julia-1.6.1/bin/julia (unknown line)
[Error - 08:03:52] Connection to server got closed. Server will not be restarted.
1 Like