VSCode - Displaying custom structs

Hi there!

I normally use Atom, but come back to VSCode from time to time to check out the progress of the VSCode team - Thank you for your time and work!

I was wondering if there is a method to display a custom struct similar to Atom? I often work with structs where fields are arrays of tuples etc., and it is much easier for me to prototype this kind of stuff in Atom. I tried to google this question, but did not come up with a solution. MWE:

struct MyCustomStruct1{A, B, C}
a :: A
b :: B
c :: C
end

mcs = MyCustomStruct1( rand(1000), [ (rand(), rand() ) for _ in 1:1000 ], randn(1000, 100) )
mcs

The Julia-Workspace view is quite good already, but becomes really difficult to read for more contrieved custom (or structs with structs as fields, etc.) structs.

The Atom view in comparison:

Best regards

Edit: I did find the REPLTreeViews.jl package, but it took very long to show any results.

2 Likes

There’s no easy way for us to implement something like Juno’s display system in VSCode, unfortunately. That said, REPLTreeViews seems like it could be a good alternative for you; afaict display is basically instant for your example after the initial compilation overhead.