Vscode and Julia 1.5.3 - stetup

I am having a difficult time to get Vscode to work with Julia 1.5.3 after I upgraded from Julia 1.5.2. I am sure it is due to my settings but I cannot find examples of how to fix. When I start Vscode now I cannot run any Julia scripts. Just hangs at “Starting Julia Language Server …” in the task line and on the RHS side of the task line I get: “The terminal process failed to launch: Path to shell executable “C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\Programs\Julia 1.5.3\bin” is not a file of a symlink.” Julia path is as shown in the message above. I am thinking the problem is in the Julia: Environmental Path and the Julia: Executable Path (under preferences/settings) I can’t find any examples of what to pout in these fields> Can anyone help? Perhaps a reinstall of Vscode ? Many thanks … I have been fiddling for hours to no avail

Haven’t checked, but the error sounds like it’s expecting the park of the executable, rather than the path of the folder the executable is in? have you tried adding Julia.exe at the end?

1 Like

@nilshg is right, this is my setting:

"julia.executablePath": "C:\\\\Users\\\\oheil\\\\AppData\\\\Local\\\\Programs\\\\Julia 1.5.3\\\\bin\\\\julia.exe"
"julia.environmentPath": ""

Thanks guys for quick response. I made the changes (see setup file at bottom of this text). I now get the following error on the RHS of the task bar in Vscode. Any further thoughts? Also still getting on the LHS of task bar: Julia envi [Loading] Starting the Julia Language Server … (just hangs)

'"c:\users\peter\AppData\Local\Programs\Julia 1.5.3\Julia.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
 `"c:\users\peter\AppData\Local\Programs\Julia 1.5.3\Julia.exe" --startup-file=no --history-file=no -e "using Pkg; println(dirname(Pkg.Types.Context().env.project_file))"` (exited with error code 1))```
Setup file:

{

"julia.enableTelemetry": true,

"terminal.integrated.commandsToSkipShell": [

"language-julia.interrupt"

],

"julia.execution.codeInREPL": true,

"julia.execution.resultType": "both",

"terminal.integrated.shell.windows": "C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\cmd.exe",

"window.zoomLevel": 1,

"julia.enableCrashReporter": true,

"workbench.colorTheme": "Visual Studio Light",

"workbench.iconTheme": "vscode-great-icons",

"files.autoSave": "afterDelay",

"settingsSync.ignoredSettings": [

"-julia.executablePath"

],

"[julia]": {

"editor.quickSuggestions": true

},

"julia.trace.server": "messages",

"julia.executablePath": "c:\\users\\peter\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Julia 1.5.3\\Julia.exe",

"julia.environmentPath": ""

}

Hi Nils et al, I found the error. I left out \bin\ before the Julia.exe. Thanks for your support

1 Like

Hi Nils et al, I found the error - forget the \bin\ in the path. Thanks Peter

"julia.executablePath": "c:\\users\\peter\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Julia 1.5.3\\bin\\Julia.exe"