V1.0.0 fails to load ApplicationBuilder / PackageCompiler

All,

I’ve gotten to the point of a working Julia script using Makie and LibGit2 to do 3D renderings of git histories. Now, I’d like to be able to run it from the command line like a traditional executable. Static or Shared, doesn’t matter, I’m just trying to remove the huge latency of the JIT at every run. And, as a nice-to-have, not require installing Julia in order to run the executable.

I found PackageCompiler, and ApplicationBuilder (which depends on the former). Unfortunately, on Julia-v1.0.0, on macOS High Sierra, I get:

(v1.0) pkg> add ApplicationBuilder
 Resolving package versions...
ERROR: Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package PackageCompiler [9b87118b]:
 PackageCompiler [9b87118b] log:
 ├─possible versions are: [0.1.0, 0.2.0, 0.3.0-0.3.1, 0.4.0] or uninstalled
 ├─restricted by compatibility requirements with ApplicationBuilder [f9309374] to versions: [0.1.0, 0.2.0, 0.3.0-0.3.1, 0.4.0]
 │ └─ApplicationBuilder [f9309374] log:
 │   ├─possible versions are: 0.2.1 or uninstalled
 │   └─restricted to versions * by an explicit requirement, leaving only versions 0.2.1
 └─restricted by julia compatibility requirements to versions: uninstalled — no versions left

I’m sure there’s some standard Pkg-foo that I’m not familiar with yet, but before I wander off and inadvertently overwrite my system lib, has anyone else seen this and fixed it? If so, what’s the recommended solution?

Thanks,

Jason.

Julia 1.0 support is still WIP

Julia 1.0 support was released a few days ago! :slight_smile:

So this should be working now! Sorry if some of the documentation is still lacking, but yes you should be able to do what you’re asking about now!

Thanks to @lucatrv and everyone for getting that done!!

1 Like

Thanks @lucatrv, @NHDaly for all the hard work adding v1.0 support!

I’ve since been able to install successfully and run the build. Unfortunately, it is clear I don’t know what I don’t know. :-/

Have either of you, or @sdanisch, used ApplicationBuilder / Julia v1.0 against scripts using Makie? I suspect I need to include some libraries, but I’m not sure how to go about a) properly identifying Makie, or b) naming all of Makie’s deps as well.

Thanks for any pointers,

Jason.

I’m trying to statically compile Makie from time to time, but I’m still stuck with new segfaults that 1.0 has introduced…