V 0.6.4 -- problem with Plots

I just installed Julia v. 0.6.4, and get errors with Plots…

julia> using Plots
INFO: Precompiling module Plots.
WARNING: Module Compat with uuid 2991492794994 is missing from the cache.
This may mean module Compat does not support precompilation but is imported by a module that does.
ERROR: LoadError: Declaring __precompile__(false) is not allowed in files that are being precompiled.
Stacktrace:
 [1] _require(::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:455
 [2] require(::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:405
 [3] include_from_node1(::String) at .\loading.jl:576
 [4] include(::String) at .\sysimg.jl:14
 [5] anonymous at .\<missing>:2
while loading C:\Users\username\.julia\v0.6\StaticArrays\src\StaticArrays.jl, in expression starting on line 14
ERROR: LoadError: Failed to precompile StaticArrays to C:\Users\username\.julia\lib\v0.6\StaticArrays.ji.
Stacktrace:
 [1] compilecache(::String) at .\loading.jl:710
 [2] _require(::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:463
 [3] require(::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:405
 [4] include_from_node1(::String) at .\loading.jl:576
 [5] include(:slight_smile: :String) at .\sysimg.jl:14
 [6] anonymous at .\<missing>:2
while loading C:\Users\username\.julia\v0.6\Plots\src\Plots.jl, in expression starting on line 7
ERROR: Failed to precompile Plots to C:\Users\username\.julia\lib\v0.6\Plots.ji.
Stacktrace:
 [1] compilecache(::String) at .\loading.jl:710
 [2] _require(::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:497
 [3] require(::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:405

Any ideas of what is wrong?

Sometimes a combination of Pkg.update() and restarting your Julia session can fix these errors…

I ended up deleating .julia and re-adding packages… that fixed the problem - although it took a couple of hours.

I’m surprised that didn’t solve it.
Normally you get that error when you 1. load Compat (through using a package depending on it), 2. update Compat, 3. use another package dependent on Compat. Restarting the Julia session is all it takes in that case.

Plots does some interactive loading of packages though which I think does not work well with precompilation.