└─restricted to versions 2.20.0 by an explicit requirement — no versions left

This is my latest status:

Status C:\Users\bobmc\.julia\environments\v1.9\Project.toml
[13f3f980] CairoMakie v0.10.11
[e9467ef8] GLMakie v0.8.11
[7073ff75] IJulia v1.24.2
[f0f68f2c] PlotlyJS v0.18.11
[91a5bcdd] Plots v1.39.0

I’m running up to date Windows 11. Can anyone tell me what requirements are unsatisfied?

Thanks for checking this out.

plotly.js has a latest version of 2.27.0, and that is probably what you intended to work relative to. The wrapper PlotlyJS.jl has a latest version of 0.18.11, which does not match the underlying plotly.js version. I don’t know how to relate the versions of a Julia wrapper and the original library, or if there even is a convenient way. Most I can tell from looking at the PlotlyJS.jl repository is that it’s using plotly.js v2 at the moment, and Pkg.build targets the latest release of plotly.js, which isn’t what you want.

1 Like

Why did you try to install a specific version of PlotlyJS in the first place? If you do

using Pkg
Pkg.update()

you will normally get the latest version of your packages, and to check that if you do

]
status

in package manager mode it will indicate if any package has not the newest version. Only if you see that a package is hold back there, then it is worth to start any investigation.

If you see the text:

Info Packages marked with ⌃ and ⌅ have new versions available, but those 
with ⌅ are restricted by compatibility constraints from upgrading. 
To see why use `status --outdated`

then you can investigate further.

You are trying to install something that does not exist. As @Benny has mentioned, the latest version of PlotlyJS.jl is v0.18.11, released two weeks ago. Do not confuse plotly.js (plotly for Javascript, with the latest version 2.27.0) with PlotlyJS.jl (Plotly’s wrapper for Julia).

1 Like

Vivaldo, thank you very much for your help. I hadn’t realized the difference.

Thanks again.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. Haven’t done this before, and it makes me very happy to realize there are people out there to help me.

1 Like