The Julia Forem is live: https://forem.julialang.org

I am stuck at

(The button at the bottom is not clickable.)

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a solution?

1 Like

Did you click the ā€œagreeā€ buttons?

1 Like

Is there one? I donā€™t see it:

In the first image you sent, itā€™s on the left side, thereā€™s 2 of them.

In the image you posted with headline ā€œPeter Krysl ā€“ welcomeā€¦ā€ there are two ā€œagreeā€ buttons.

O You agree to uphold our Code of Conduct
O You agree to our Terms and Conditions

I think you need to click on the Os to turn on the Continue button.

3 Likes

Wow! I couldnā€™t see those very light outlines! Thanks!

5 Likes

Looks great!
Any chance for integration of Pluto notebooks into Forem (ideally, with GitHub - JuliaPluto/PlutoSliderServer.jl: Web server to run just the `@bind` parts of a Pluto.jl notebook)? Interactive notebooks with complete, running code would be a great enhancement.

2 Likes

What does the unicorn reaction :unicorn: means?

Any chance that new forem posts are anounced here?

Hmm, I made a comment on a post and when I pressed submit it told me ā€œError: body markdown has already been takenā€ (IIRC). But it looks to me like the comment went through anywayā€”can anyone confirm?

Edit: Also, I notice that here on Discourse if you put something in a codefence without indicating the language, it automatically defaults to Julia syntax highlighting, whereas in the comment I made in Forem I had to write ```julia to get it to work. Might be worth making Julia the default there as well?

Itā€™s the same as a like, no real difference.

It might be possible but not in the short term, I donā€™t have bandwidth to make that integration at the moment.

I donā€™t think we have that control but you can open an issue at the Forem GitHub (itā€™s open source) and ask this!

1 Like

In the meantime, you can subscribe via RSS: Julia Community šŸŸ£

Yes, that sounds more a job for an rss feed that anyone interested can opt into right now, rather than a new category on this site that people uninterested would have to mute

I am not able to display matrices correctly with Katex:
{% katex inline %}A = I + uv^T = \begin{matrix} -3 & -4 & -4 & -2 \
16 & 7 & 6 & 8 \
-4 & -4 & -3 & -2 \
-16 & -16 & -16 & -7 \end{matrix}{% endkatex %}
is displaying as a single row vector of 16 elements. There is no stacking of rows.

1 Like

Try doubling the backslashes (I assume youā€™re doing two now, but since you forgot the backtick fence we canā€™t see them. But maybe you need four). Otherwise, try \begin{array}{cccc}.

2 Likes

I have done two backslashes between rows. I made it four. Now it works.

1 Like

The default back ground is black for the julia code. Can I change this to some other color? If yes how?

If possible:
For new registrated users on Forem the first article should be moderated.
Reason:
Increasing rate of advertisement articles. Well, rate is still low (a few per week) but seem to increase lately.

I pinged the Forem team. They said there is a spam prevention feature in the works and coming very soon!

1 Like

This non-article
https://forem.julialang.org/brian/guo-liar-5521
is still present despite report.

In general moderation on forem is slow and insufficient in my opinion. I would volunteer as I am looking at it daily if this is wanted.

6 Likes