Good day fine Julians!
Taking a moment to introduce myself and thank you all for this wonderful community!
- Have an Engineering but no CS background, and am learning Julia as my first programming language, starting maybe 8mo. ago, and it’s been fabulous!
- Have watched a majority of Juliacon presentations from past few years, some more than once.
Julia is greatly affecting my thinking and methods, and it’s just the start.
- Just one example is being a power Excel user for many years, and now using ODBC, DataFrames and functions to process and analyze data - WOW! (thanks @bkamins and other JuliaData collaborators!)
- Another is a better view of the Opensource community, and wanting to further that along as well.
PSA for other ‘discourse lurkers’: I read as a guest for much of this year, joining just a few weeks ago. Have found the site experience as a member to be great with ability to add bookmarks (haven’t figured out how to download the list yet), and pick up where leaving off moving across platforms.
- Would encourage others to join, even if in ‘read mode’.
Best, …E Derek