Sysimage with workload in VSCode?

Hi All,

I’m trying to ship some Julia code to a non-Julia user colleague and I want them to be able to run it without installing many dependencies. I’d also love if some of the functions were precompiled so they would run fast out of the box.

I have seen PackageCompiler.jl, but it seems there are some problems trying to run the compiled images from that package in VSCode. Instead, I have been creating Sysimages with VSCode by running a build task for the local environment, which works great.

However, it would be great to have my custom functions also precompiled. So, my question is, is it possible to simply add a ‘representative workload’ script to run I build a task with VSCode? It looks like it might be possible to add to the tasks.json file, but I don’t see how to do it.

Thanks in advance!
-Stefan

1 Like

That should never be a problem unless you replace the default sysimg instead of using the -J flag to specify what sysimg to start the REPL with.

1 Like

Ok, great, thanks. I’ll keep that in mind. Any idea about my original question? Is it possible to do workloads in VSCode?

Possibly? We should add that if you can’t. But I haven’t really looked into this part of the codebase much at all, so punting the question to @davidanthoff.

1 Like