As Julia approaches the release date of 1.0 we should think of how to spread the word of how fantastic this project is.
I am at the moment a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal
To save you some searching, here is the list of topics that form the broader scope of this journal:
The scope of the journal includes:
• Innovative computational strategies and numerical algorithms for large-scale engineering problems
• Analysis and simulation techniques and systems
• Model and mesh generation
• Control of the accuracy, stability and efficiency of computational process
• Exploitation of new computing environments (eg distributed hetergeneous and collaborative computing)
• Advanced visualization techniques, virtual environments and prototyping
• Applications of AI, knowledge-based systems, computational intelligence, including fuzzy logic, neural networks and evolutionary computations
• Application of object-oriented technology to engineering problems
• Intelligent human computer interfaces
• Design automation, multidisciplinary design and optimization
• CAD, CAE and integrated process and product development systems
• Quality and reliability
I would like to propose a Special Issue. There are several projects I am aware of that would be excellent candidates for technical articles, but my view is fairly limited by my own interests. I think it at this point best to poll the community: would anyone be interested in contributing?
I would also like to hear from the lead developers on what the best timing for this might be.