Somewhat late, but loking for mentorship for GSoC2020, special functions

Hi, I know I’m basically in the edge of time, but I’m interested in the GSoc2020 Special functions project. This would be one of my first open source projects, and the second project I do in Julia.

I know somewhat about programming in Julia and I’m currently implementing a Spinor binary representation library for a researcher at CIMAT (mathematics research center, in spanish). I have already taken the basic classes of calculus, probability and numeric algorithms, so I think this project can fit with my actual knowledge and abilities.

And everything resumes in the following question, what should be the first steps I need to take?

I’m interested in your spinor implementation, is it open source? I also have an implementation based on the clifford product available at Grassmann.jl and would be interested in seeing yours.

Right now is not open source because it is not finished yet, but the plan is making it. The actual problem is that the researcher had an implementation in a very old and slow platform, so he asked me to implement a faster one, and I’m trying to decifer how he did the first implementation to port it to Julia (and also understand the maths behind it).

It is of course up to you, but I don’t think that making work in progress available would do any harm. Regardless of the GSOC 2020 timeline, making your work available is usually a big plus for these kind of mentorship programs.