some question about Ipopt package

After i install Ipopt for Julia , when i execute Pkg.test(“Ipopt”) , it come errors with

ERROR: LoadError: UndefVarError: use_BinaryProvider not defined
ERROR: LoadError: Failed to precompile Ipopt to d:\JuliaPro-0.6.2.2\pkgs-0.6.2.2\lib\v0.6\Ipopt.ji.

how to resolve this ??

Looks like you haven’t build the package. Try Pkg.build("Ipopt").

1 Like

Also as a general piece of advice for installing Ipopt: make sure you have all of the dependencies.

https://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/node11.html

When i try to build the Ipopt package ,it comes with:

WARNING: DecFP and Ipopt had build errors.

• packages with build errors remain installed in d:\JuliaPro-0.6.2.2\pkgs-0.6.2.2\v0.6
  • build the package(s) and all dependencies with Pkg.build("DecFP", "Ipopt")
  • build a single package by running its deps/build.jl script

i am inexperienced with coding and confused about this .

So did you try Pkg.build("DecFP", "Ipopt")? What errors are you getting?

This might be caused by you using JuliaPro, so maybe try with a plain Julia installation instead.

After i trying this ,it come with

LoadError: could not spawn powershell -NoProfile -Command '[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::Securi tyProtocol = [System.Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12; $webclient = (New-Object System.Net.Webclient); $webclient.DownloadFile("https://github.com/staticfloat/IpoptBuilder/releases/download/v3.12.8-9/Ipo pt.x86_64-w64-mingw32.tar.gz", "d:\JuliaPro-0.6.2.2\pkgs-0.6.2.2\v0.6\Ipopt\deps\usr\downloads\Ipopt .x86_64-w64-mingw32.tar.gz") ': operation not permitted (EPERM)
while loading d:\JuliaPro-0.6.2.2\pkgs-0.6.2.2\v0.6\Ipopt\deps\build.jl, in expression starting on l
ine 13

[ BUILD ERRORS ]

WARNING: DecFP and Ipopt had build errors.

• packages with build errors remain installed in d:\JuliaPro-0.6.2.2\pkgs-0.6.2.2\v0.6
  • build the package(s) and all dependencies with Pkg.build("DecFP", "Ipopt")
  • build a single package by running its deps/build.jl script

yes, i 'm using JuliaPro