Sock Puppetry Dogpile

Now it all makes sense. I used the “Henning Rosseau” face in a reverse image search and it returned zero matches.

That, together with the low resolution, ought to be a dead giveaway for a GAN generated face.

4 Likes

Skimming through the post:

According to their survey, 37% Have Created, Developed or Contributed to an Open Source Package in the Julia General Registry. This very small amount

I do think the sample is biased (i.e., discourse readers will be over-represented in the survey) so that the true percentage of Julia users who contribute will be lower, but 37% sounds like a really big number to me.
Pretty sure the percent of R users I know who contribute to open source projects is much smaller, for example. The author seems to be reaching pretty hard.

9 Likes

I think they are different people since they seem to have a shared arxiv submission: [2101.09192] Gravity Optimizer: a Kinematic Approach on Optimization in Deep Learning.

5 Likes

I know @mashgholam but is he my “sock puppet”? How can you be so sure :smiley: ?

REALLY? shame on you. You have to give reasons and evidence for what you are saying. Bring everything you have without hesitation.

FYI I have not done anything on this topic. My colleague Mr. Pourianzadeh has not been active here either… not even one post! How did you come to the conclusion that I am agree with @wlater.watson?

That is because I sent that link to henning.

The reason for my unhappiness was not the that. I already explained this at here:

But considering your words, this seems quite common here. I do not intend to argue with you and prove my identity and that of my friends. I can only say that I am sorry for you and the way you judge people.

Dude, just stop. It’s over. Apologize and move on.

5 Likes

What should I apologize for?

I would be happy to hop on a video call with @mashgholam, @BlancheBoncoeur or Henning Rousseau this week. If I am wrong and they exist then I will apologize to them and to you, both personally and publicly here on discourse.

16 Likes

They will definitely answer you themselves. Your problem is video calling? Call me now I will be happy to talk to you. Please comment on the following because you claim something that is wrong:

Your existence is not in question, so that doesn’t really solve anything. As I said, @mashgholam, @BlancheBoncoeur or Henning Rousseau can DM me to set up a quick video chat.

4 Likes

ha?!

I’m thinking how hard I should reply to your comment @StefanKarpinski?!
And who is @SadeghPouriyan?

Me too!!! I was searching for an intersection of Julia and Go and was reading this thread as it was for Julia newbies to start. I must have replied to your comment as it was about having a problem with the rise of Go (which is obviously my favourite!). Here, you, as a main developer of Julia, is showing behaviour that is similar to duck typing (first accuse, then apologize!) and this behaviour is an example of not being a professional.

DM me and we’ll set up a quick chat for later today.

Thank you very much that my existence is not in question. You made claims against me here. Please provide all the evidence you got. You claimed that by creating fake accounts, I made many people seem to agree with one thing. I have not been active in this discussion and I do not understand how I have shown many people agree with one thing?
All your claims are false. Once again, I urge you to present all the evidence you have.

Wrong account?

48 Likes

You’ve just provided concrete evidence yourself. Oops!

12 Likes

so what? we use same machine with two accounts

Gonna keep watching this one. M. Night Shyamalan inspired. :popcorn: 10/10 entertained.

60 Likes

For your information only, Dariush Bahrami and I both use the university system. I did not intend to be active here anymore and I will not. I leave this post only at the request of my friend Dariush Bahrami, because he left a post with my account, which made it seem that we are both one person.

Dear friends, the short time I have been talking to you has not been a pleasant time for me. Considering that I am receiving this feedback from you, I do not find it very constructive. Thank you to those who have made the right judgments based on the evidence. I have not do anything destructive here on this topic and anywhere else and all the claims made by @StefanKarpinski are false. I will no longer be active in the Julia Community. Because I do not see the need to take the time to prove the claims are wrong. I wish you all success.

Like my friend Walter Watson, I will no longer be active here. During my time as a member of this community, I have been accused twice by the members of this community, which in none of the cases was true.
I deny all the allegations made by @StefanKarpinski. I also ask those who care about human dignity to ask Mr. Karpinski for evidence to substantiate his claim.
Good bye