Simulink-like block diagram editor for Julia?

Is there any effort to build a block diagram editor for Julia to use with systems like ModelingToolkit.jl and Causal.jl?

1 Like

I can not answer you question, but you link to Causal.jl is broken for me.

Fixed the link to Causal.jl, I hope, thank you.

1 Like

The Modia folks started a GUI: https://github.com/ModiaSim/Modia.jl/issues/95.

See also some interesting hints from Chris in this interview: Simulations are about to get way, way faster with JuliaSim.

1 Like

@tshort your first link is a feature request from 2019 and it seems still unresolved…
Your second link about JuliaSim is also outdated ;-). JuliaSim is already out but it is not clear to me whether a) it has a GUI and b) it will be available to non-paying entities.

The GUI part is still under development, it will require a license but we will work with academics and students to provide it at a reduced cost.

2 Likes

@pitsianis If this can help someone, 6 months ago I made a C++ Petri-net editor that runs from Julia. Since I’m more a C++ dev than a Julia developer the core (petri + gui using SFML) was made in C++ and Julia just call the shared lib and wraps some code TimedPetriNetEditor/TimedPetriNetEditor.jl at master · Lecrapouille/TimedPetriNetEditor · GitHub this kind of solution works well. See also How to create a node graph editor?

1 Like

Well, there is a package available now: GitHub - bradcarman/ModelingToolkitDesigner.jl: A helper tool for visualizing and editing a ModelingToolkit.jl system connections under MIT license that I could install the normal way… :grinning:

Still have to try it out…

UPDATE:
This still needs some love and care… But the project has only 1300 lines of code, so it should be easy for new people to understand the code, fork and improve it…

5 Likes

ModelingToolkitDesinger.jl reached version 1.1.1. Try it out! And create feature requests and bug reports…

1 Like