Registry for docs CI not updated?

Is there any reason for the Julia registry to remain outdated in the Docs CI only?

I’m having trouble with this run: update compat entry · m3g/ComplexMixtures.jl@606dc97 · GitHub

Which fails with a compatibility problem:

ERROR: Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package CellListMap [69e1c6dd]:
 CellListMap [69e1c6dd] log:
 ├─possible versions are: 0.2.3-0.8.11 or uninstalled
 └─restricted to versions 0.8.12-0.8 by ComplexMixtures [6f35c628] — no versions left
   └─ComplexMixtures [6f35c628] log:
     ├─possible versions are: 0.6.2 or uninstalled
     └─ComplexMixtures [6f35c628] is fixed to version 0.6.2

The ComplexMixtures.jl package version there is correct, and it is compatible with CellListMap v0.8.12, which is already available from the general registry (thus all other CI runs work well).

In this Documenter run, it seems that it first installs version 0.6.0 (not 0.6.2) of the package:

Installing known registries into `~/.julia`
    Updating registry at `~/.julia/registries/General.toml`
   Resolving package versions...
.... # many packages
   Installed CellListMap ───────── v0.8.11
   Installed ComplexMixtures ───── v0.6.0

and, it seems, this later breaks the installation of 0.6.2, which depends on the newer 0.8.12 version of the other (CellListMap) package. I think I messed up in some compat entry in the 0.6.0 version of the problematic package, but that was solved in 0.6.2 and, effectively, all other CI runs work fine.

The issue is only on the docs deployment. I was expecting the run to install the newest versions of the 0.6.X series of the package with its dependencies, and that works fine. I cannot reproduce the issue locally, either.

Any idea?

I am also getting v0.6.0 when I install locally, so I think it’s due to the eager/conservative package server issue, and the conservative (default) package server has fallen behind the General registry a little bit right now.

I think the solution here would be to make CI use the eager registry. Otherwise, you can re-run that CI job in a day or so, and it will probably work.

1 Like