Registration merge blocked

While trying to register a new version of my package LaurentPolynomials,
I got an unexpected message.
After the usual

Your new version pull request met all of the guidelines for auto-merging and is scheduled to be merged in the next round.

I got

Merging is blocked

The base branch restricts merging to authorized users. [Learn more about protected branches.](https://docs.github.com/repositories/configuring-branches-and-merges-in-your-repository/managing-protected-branches/about-protected-branches)

You’re not [authorized](https://docs.github.com/repositories/configuring-branches-and-merges-in-your-repository/managing-protected-branches/about-protected-branches) to merge this pull request.

What could be the reason for this?

Can you link the pull request?

1 Like

For me it says

Your new version pull request met all of the guidelines for auto-merging and is scheduled to be merged in the next round.

If you want to prevent this pull request from being auto-merged, simply leave a comment. If you want to post a comment without blocking auto-merging, you must include the text [noblock] in your comment. You can edit blocking comments, adding [noblock] to them in order to unblock auto-merging.

so I don’t see a problem.

1 Like

I also don’t see an issue. But github actions are having some kind of outage right now, so maybe there are some issues. It hasn’t merged after 1 hour which is unusual.

2 Likes

I think Jean is talking about this here:

Which just means that you (or I) can’t merge this, because we’re not registry maintainers. The automerge bot can merge it though.

3 Likes

The problem is that the package is supposed to be merged after 20mn. It is now 2 hours and it is still not merged. This probably because it shows prominently in red “merging is blocked”.

1 Like

The issue is that the consistency CI check never finished, likely due to the github actions outage I mentioned. I can’t merge it either (even though I have commit permissions) since the required check isn’t there.

I clicked “update branch” to retrigger CI, hopefully it goes through. But until github actions is functional again, we can’t do very much.

2 Likes

As @nilshg pointed out, this is totally unrelated. It is just saying you don’t have permission to click merge. Authorized users, like the registrator bot, do have permission, but there is a separate issue (github actions outage) preventing that.

2 Likes