Rasters, GDAL, ArchGDAL

Dear all,

I’ve tried installing Rasters.jl on both my office and home computers (Julia v 1.8).
Both installations have failed because both gdal and archgdal fail to precompile.
Does anyone experience the same problem? Or has any solution to suggest?

The error message states:
Reason: Incompatible library version: libgdal.32.dylib requires version 13.0.0 or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 12.0.0
Does this means that installing this package requires the preliminary installation of other libraries?

Below is versioninfo()

julia> versioninfo()
Julia Version 1.8.0
Commit 5544a0fab76 (2022-08-17 13:38 UTC)
Platform Info:
  CPU: 4 × Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
  WORD_SIZE: 64
  LIBM: libopenlibm
  LLVM: libLLVM-13.0.1 (ORCJIT, ivybridge)
  Threads: 2 on 4 virtual cores
Environment:
  JULIA_EDITOR = code
  JULIA_NUM_THREADS = 2

(yes, a veteran!)

Actually I have another environment where Rasters works but it is using v0.4.4.
Hence I have created another empty project where I added Rasters v0.4.4, strangely enough the install fails, with the same error as above (conflicting GDAL, ArchDAL versions).

How come ,using same version of Julia, two different environments can have successful and failed installs of a similar package version?

Sorry for missing this, best to post in Geo so we get notifications. Did you get everything working?

Hi, thanks for the answer. The problem was when trying to run a project I initially developed on my laptop on my office desktop computer. The main issue now is to get Julia 1.9 running on my office desktop. I will try again next week once I reach my office. If I get 1.9 running, I’ll try Rasters,jl and keep you posted.