Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Core Data Science Developer, you will work on building the software components of a distributed data science /machine learning system. In this role, you will collaborate very closely with different stake holders (R&D, Software dev, Operations) to identify use cases and design maintainable long-term solutions that scale, address current needs while also anticipating future requirements. The actual/future developed data science platforms are deployed in a large scale distributed industrial system.
- Build the software components of the system, including libraries for: Expressing, distributing, and executing complex machine learning/data science pipelines, Complex data querying and preprocessing, Asynchronous communication with other systems, support utility packages.
- Support the needs of the different stake holders (R&D, Software dev, Operations)
- Aim to exceed user expectations, ensuring that usability, performance, and correctness are given equal consideration during design and development.
- Review proposed code and provide feedback
- Technical documentation drafting and reporting.
- Developing and/or deploying a distributed system.
- Developing and/or deploying large-scale machine learning and/or optimisation systems.
- Designing or contributing to frameworks for large-scale processing
- Strong experience in software engineering/development role.
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent (Science, Engineering Etc)
- Communication in English.
- Strong Julia development experience (highly desired)
- Data science common programming languages (Python, C++/C, C#, F#, Matlab etc), highly desired.
- Experience with open-source software and Linux, highly desired.
- Experience with Git for code management, highly desired
- Open Source Machine learning, statistics, and/or optimization, highly desired.
- Strong communication skills, especially with regards to requirements gathering and documentation, desired.
- Linux Containers (especially Docker), highly desired.
- Knowledge/background in chemical industry is a plus.
- Parallel programming experience is a plus.
- Communication in French is a plus.
- Experience supporting Agile/SCRUM project teams is a plus.