PyCall and ExcelReaders error

ERROR: LoadError: PyCall.PyError("\$(Expr(:escape, :(ccall(#= C:\\Users\\KKH\\.julia\\packages\\PyCall\\zqDXB\\src\\pyfncall.jl:43 =# @pysym(:PyObject_Call), PyPtr, (PyPtr, PyPtr, PyPtr), o, pyargsptr, kw))))", PyObject(Ptr{PyCall.PyObject_struct} @0x00007ff920fe2170), PyObject(Ptr{PyCall.PyObject_struct} @0x00000000462b4f78), PyObject(Ptr{PyCall.PyObject_struct} @0x000000005cb24748))
Stacktrace:
 [1] pyerr_check at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\exception.jl:60 [inlined]
 [2] pyerr_check at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\exception.jl:64 [inlined]
 [3] _handle_error(::String) at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\exception.jl:81
 [4] macro expansion at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\exception.jl:95 [inlined]
 [5] #110 at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\pyfncall.jl:43 [inlined]
 [6] disable_sigint at .\c.jl:446 [inlined]
 [7] __pycall! at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\pyfncall.jl:42 [inlined]
 [8] _pycall!(::PyObject, ::PyObject, ::Tuple{String}, ::Int64, ::Ptr{Nothing}) at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\pyfncall.jl:29
 [9] _pycall! at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\pyfncall.jl:11 [inlined]
 [10] #_#117 at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\pyfncall.jl:86 [inlined]
 [11] (::PyObject)(::String) at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\pyfncall.jl:86
 [12] openxl(::String) at C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\ExcelReaders\PgE1r\src\ExcelReaders.jl:64
 [13] top-level scope at C:\Users\KKH\Dropbox\In progress\Spring 2020\01 ECG 784 Advanced Macroeconomics\02 Assignments\PS2 Q4 Julia\AR1_main.jl:56
in expression starting at C:\Users\KKH\Dropbox\In progress\Spring 2020\01 ECG 784 Advanced Macroeconomics\02 Assignments\PS2 Q4 Julia\AR1_main.jl:56

I have this error and cannot find how to fix it. My advisor told me that I need to install the xlrd package of Python but that is already installed. Using Conda didn’t work… Look like Julia cannot read the necessary packages. What can I do?

PS. I’m really sorry for my carelessness to post screenshots before.

LoadError: PyCall.PyError(“$(Expr(:escape, :(ccall(#= C:\Users\KKH\.julia\packages\PyCall\zqDXB\src\pyfncall.jl:43 =# @pysym(:PyObject_Call), PyPtr, (PyPtr, PyPtr, PyPtr), o, pyargsptr, kw))))”, PyObject(Ptr{PyCall.PyObject_struct} @0x00007ff926902170), PyObject(Ptr{PyCall.PyObject_struct} @0x00000000404b7ee8), PyObject(Ptr{PyCall.PyObject_struct} @0x0000000040270808))

I have this error and cannot find how to fix it. My advisor told me that I need to install the xlrd package of Python but that is already installed. Using Conda didn’t work… Look like Julia cannot read the necessary packages. What can I do?

PS. I’m really sorry for my carelessness to post screenshots before.

Please don’t post screenshots, which make it nearly impossible to read the error messages, are not searchable, and cannot be copy-pasted into running code. Post quoted code showing exactly what you did and a quoted block showing the error message. See Please read: make it easier to help you

You need to use quotes, post the code you tried to run, and post the full error message and backtrace, not just a a portion of it.

And don’t start multiple discussion threads. Just post replies to the same thread.