Problems in installing and using some packages (Failed to precompile)

Hi!
I have been having trouble using quite a few of the packages I have installed, including: Gadfly, Blink and Cairo. In all cases, I received a message stating that Julia had failed to precompile the package. In a similar vain, Julia had failed to precompile PlotlyJS when I tried setting it as a backend. In some of the cases I get an error message stating that one of the packages is not properly installed, while suggesting the command required to install it. However, following the instructions yields no success…

I am using Julia 6 on a mac. I am running it using Jupiter notebook.

Example of error messages that I have been getting:
Trying to use Cairo I am getting:

===============================================================
INFO: Precompiling module Cairo.
ERROR: LoadError: Cairo not properly installed. Please run
Pkg.build(“Cairo”)
Stacktrace:
[1] error(::String, ::String, ::Vararg{String,N} where N) at ./error.jl:30
[2] include_from_node1(::String) at ./loading.jl:576
[3] include(::String) at ./sysimg.jl:14
[4] anonymous at ./:2
while loading /Users/assa/.julia/v0.6/Cairo/src/Cairo.jl, in expression starting on line 9
Failed to precompile Cairo to /Users/assa/.julia/lib/v0.6/Cairo.ji.

As I run Pkg.build(“Cairo”) I get:

===============================================================
INFO: Building Homebrew
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
==============================[ ERROR: Homebrew ]===============================

LoadError: InitError: failed process: Process(git --version, ProcessExited(1)) [1]
during initialization of module Homebrew
while loading /Users/assa/.julia/v0.6/Homebrew/deps/build.jl, in expression starting on line 2

================================================================================
INFO: Building Cairo
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
================================[ ERROR: Cairo ]================================

LoadError: InitError: failed process: Process(git --version, ProcessExited(1)) [1]
during initialization of module Homebrew
while loading /Users/assa/.julia/v0.6/Cairo/deps/build.jl, in expression starting on line 42

================================================================================

================================[ BUILD ERRORS ]================================

WARNING: Cairo and Homebrew had build errors.

• packages with build errors remain installed in /Users/assa/.julia/v0.6
  • build the package(s) and all dependencies with Pkg.build("Cairo", "Homebrew")
  • build a single package by running its deps/build.jl script

Because I keep encountering similar mistakes with a few different packages I tend to think all is a part of a more general problem in the I am using (or the way I have installed) Julia. I should mention that other packages (e.g: Distributions, DataFrames, Plots…) are working ok. Would appreciate any help.

Many thanks!
Assa

After installing Julia-Pro the problem was solved.