Problem with Cairo building

Sorry for putting this problem here but I am desperate.
After a fresh Julia installation on macOS Mojave I added only one package Agents and then I got the same (old) problem with Cairo:

 Building Cairo ───────────→ `~/.julia/packages/Cairo/CXPG1/deps/build.log`
┌ Error: Error building `Cairo`:
│ ==> Installing graphite2 from staticfloat/juliatranslated
│ ==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/graphite2-1.3.13.mojave.bottle.tar.gz
│ Already downloaded: /Users/sergiobacelar/Library/Caches/Homebrew.jl/downloads/36f9054572b26853c4726b48a48041476190c6e2069d088be488bd9489445ade--graphite2-1.3.13.mojave.bottle.tar.gz
│ ==> Pouring graphite2-1.3.13.mojave.bottle.tar.gz
│ 🍺  /Users/sergiobacelar/.julia/packages/Homebrew/s09IX/deps/usr/Cellar/graphite2/1.3.13: 18 files, 232.2KB
│ Warning: Already linked: /Users/sergiobacelar/.julia/packages/Homebrew/s09IX/deps/usr/Cellar/graphite2/1.3.13
│
│ signal (11): Segmentation fault: 11
│ in expression starting at /Users/sergiobacelar/.julia/packages/Cairo/CXPG1/deps/build.jl:165
│ _platform_strcmp at /usr/lib/system/libsystem_platform.dylib (unknown line)
│ Allocations: 20694732 (Pool: 20691713; Big: 3019); GC: 46
└ @ Pkg.Operations /Users/osx/buildbot/slave/package_osx64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/Operations.jl:1075

I think I am not really alone with this, problem. Any suggestion?

Have you tried some of the suggested work rounds in the Cairo.jl issues?

Well, I opened the same issue in Cairo.jl but I couldn’t see any work round to overcome this error.

This should be fixed on the master version, try ]add Cairo#master.

1 Like

current master is equal to the released version.

Now it worked with ]add Cairo#master.

Please see my comment below.

what version of Cairo do you get if you free Cairo?

(v1.1) pkg> free Cairo
 Resolving package versions...
  Updating `~/.julia/environments/v1.1/Project.toml`
  [159f3aea]   Cairo v0.6.0
  Updating `~/.julia/environments/v1.1/Manifest.toml`
  [159f3aea]   Cairo v0.6.0

and now it still works?

Here you can see that master is really not different from v0.6.0

But it does not build:

(v1.1) pkg> build Cairo
  Building LibCURL ─→ `~/.julia/packages/LibCURL/khRkY/deps/build.log`
  Building WinRPM ──→ `~/.julia/packages/WinRPM/Y9QdZ/deps/build.log`
  Building Homebrew → `~/.julia/packages/Homebrew/s09IX/deps/build.log`
  Building Cairo ───→ `~/.julia/packages/Cairo/p68X8/deps/build.log`
┌ Error: Error building `Cairo`:
│ WARNING: redefining constant DEBIAN_VERSION_REGEX
│ WARNING: redefining constant have_sonames
│ WARNING: redefining constant sonames
│ WARNING: redefining constant EXTENSIONS
│
│ signal (11): Segmentation fault: 11
│ in expression starting at /Users/sergiobacelar/.julia/packages/Cairo/p68X8/deps/build.jl:176
│ _platform_strcmp at /usr/lib/system/libsystem_platform.dylib (unknown line)
│ Allocations: 19974556 (Pool: 19971711; Big: 2845); GC: 44
└ @ Pkg.Operations /Users/osx/buildbot/slave/package_osx64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/Operations.jl:1075