Possible to suppress terminal stream output in Pluto notebook?

Hi all, I’m using MixedModels.jl in a Pluto notebook and I’d like to suppress the solver output, which now appears in the notebook. I had hoped that verbose = false would do the trick, but it doesn’t. Does anyone know what would work? Is there maybe a general command that will disallow Pluto to print terminal output in the notebook?

I don’t think it’s possible to disable printing on a per-cell basis. At least I didn’t find anything on it. But you can start Pluto with
Pluto.run(capture_stdout=false). See

1 Like

Thank you, this solved the problem!

Just for future reference for people reaching this thread (and not following the link), it is indeed possible to disable logs on a per-cell basis using the cell-specific Hide logs button as also written in the link provided above:

1 Like

You are right. This should be the real solution!

However, I find the documentation poorly phrased. I was under the impression “Hide logs” applied to messages emitted by the logger only, i.e. @info, @warn,....

Anyway, good to know :slight_smile:

I am so used to it that I didn’t even read the description but you are right that it’s not clear that it also applies to captured stdout :smiley: