Plot some Well logs, correlations

I’d like to plot well logs in Julia in which i can analyize and make calculations like the image below. i’d like to know some tips to do that. For example, to plot a single well I think I need to use layouts for different tracks, but if I add another well, more Layouts?. Is there already a plot package like this?

0 Likes

There is no specific plot package I am aware of to plot well logs directly, but you can easily write a solution with Plots.jl: https://github.com/JuliaPlots/Plots.jl If you already have a type where you store the well logs, define a plot recipe for it.

0 Likes

I’m trying to build a kind of template,

how to put the second x axis in a single track?

md=0:1:50;
gr=rand(51,1).+104;
res=rand(51,1).+1300;
sp=rand(51,1).-100;

@manipulate for y1=1, y2=50
GR=plot(gr,md,ylim=(y1,y2),yflip=true,xmirror=true,xlabel="GammaRay[API]",xtick=range(round(Int,minimum(gr)), stop = round(Int,maximum(gr)), length = 2))
GR=plot!(sp,md)
RES=plot(res,md,ylim=(y1,y2),yflip=true,xmirror=true,ytick=false,xlabel="Resistivity[Ohm m]",xtick=range(round(Int,minimum(res)), stop = round(Int,maximum(res)), length = 2))
plot(GR,RES,layout=(1,2))
end

How to put the sp in other x axis in the first subplot?

0 Likes

If I understood your question, you create 3 separate plots, one for GR, one for SP, and one for RES. Then you start combining these plots hierarchically. First combine GR and SP:

LITHO = plot(GR, SP, layout=(1,2))

then combine the LITHO panel with the RES panel:

plot(LITHO, RES, layout=(1,2))

Is that what you want?

0 Likes

Hello @Santiago_Cuervo Please keep us in touch with the solution you achieve here.
I work in the oil and gas industry also, for a big company in the seismic processing field.
It would be great to see Julia more widely used in this field.

0 Likes

I would like to plot the sp and gr in the same plot in different axis due the big value difference between them. In the plot a pasted are in the same plot but im not been able to set the second x axis

Thanks

0 Likes

Of course. I work for small oil and gas company which we’ve developed great tools mainly in Octave such as Montecarlo sim, nodal analysis, material balance, geostatistics, a blackoil simulator and even machine learnning algorithms. In the process to make these tools to be accessible to any or myself I looked for languages to make it easy and dynamic. I was seduced by python and julia. Finally I chose Julia and im just at the beginning of the learning process.Id like to integrate and add tools to be easy to use by any in comparison the code we wrote in octave that i know how it work because i developed and not by the easiness to use

0 Likes

I may be wrong, but the notions of axis and plot in Plots.jl are not separable. You operate at the level of plots, and then combine plots as if they were axes. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

0 Likes

From the list of tools you’ve listed, the one we really miss is a black oil simulator written in Julia. For geostatistics you can use GeoStats.jl, and for Monte Carlo simulation in general there are a ton of packages. Please check the package ecosystem before you start porting your Octave code to Julia. Welcome to the community.

0 Likes

hi, I just saw the the GeoStats.jl package and I think It would be really useful to integrate it with a petrophysics package that could take the advantage of it. I have to read more about how to create packages, modules. I think it’s a good package to develop

0 Likes

Feel free to reach out in our gitter channel if you have questions: https://gitter.im/JuliaEarth/GeoStats.jl

0 Likes