Plot some Well logs, correlations

Hi, Julio. I’m sorry for my delay.

So far this project, as you said is an open source effort. This tool has been useful for my work and I think it can be for others who don’t have any access to full licence software. It aims to give some taste how specialiced software works and when you use them you be aware what is the concept behind them

.It can be used and enhanced for example by students. I’ve been adding features as long as I’ve requiered.

Recently I also started the Well Productivity package and there are some others I have in mind.

Could you please be more clear about your intentions. Will this open effort be closed at some point or not? I know that so far it is open source, that is a given.

It will be open source!

1 Like

Thanks! That makes it something I can use!

I have opened an issue about adding a LICENSE file to the project: https://github.com/scuervo91/WellLogs.jl/issues/1

Please take a look when you find time.

I may have asked this already… is there a site which has some public domain well log files which can be used to test this package?

I’ve heard there is a well logs data base in some regional geological services in the US. I believe is the Oklahoma but i’m not sure!. Currently the package does not support .las files. I had to convert the data on CSV filles with headers in order to plot and import.

I think, if you know how, it would be really great to add a function that converts the .las files to a DataFrame type that allow us to plot.

I have a technical doubt I hope you can answer me

I have no longer access to the pc I was working on. The packages I’ve uploaded to github were created with PkgTemplates.jl package which saved the files in a folder named ~/dev/WellLogs and the git I was using was GitKraken This path somehow was included in julia when I loaded the package by writing

using WellLogs

Now, I’ve downloaded Julia, Jupyter, GitKraken and I don’t know how to get a local repository of the package on GitHub that Julia can load it normally.

Thank you

If you are not developing, just using them, you add the packages (if they are not registered, then directly providing the url of the git repo, see the examples I linked).

If you are developing, use pkg> dev.

On Julia type:

] dev url/to/github/WellLogs