NullableArrays: resolve is unable to satisfy package requirements


#1

Pkg.update() on fresh installation of JuliaPro 0.6.2.2 produces:

ERROR: resolve is unable to satisfy package requirements.
  The problem was detected when trying to find a feasible version
  for package NullableArrays.
  However, this only means that package NullableArrays is involved in an
  unsatisfiable or difficult dependency relation, and the root of
  the problem may be elsewhere.

Stacktrace:
 [1] resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}) at .
\pkg\resolve.jl:48
 [2] resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}, ::Di
ct{String,Tuple{VersionNumber,Bool}}, ::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.Fixed}, ::Dict{String,VersionNumber}, ::Set{String})
at .\pkg\entry.jl:499
 [3] update(::String, ::Set{String}) at .\pkg\entry.jl:461
 [4] (::Base.Pkg.Dir.##3#6{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}}})() at .\pkg\dir.jl:33
 [5] cd(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##3#6{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}}}, ::String) at .\file.jl:59
 [6] withenv(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#5{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}},String}, ::Pair{String,S
tring}, ::Vararg{Pair{String,String},N} where N) at .\env.jl:157
 [7] #cd#1(::Array{Any,1}, ::Function, ::Function, ::String, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at .\pkg\dir.jl:32
 [8] update() at .\pkg\pkg.jl:228

Should I be concerned?


Error with NullableArrays when trying to install or remove packages or run Pkg.update()
Pkg problems - Impossible to update packages and to install some of them
#2

I have the exact same issue.


#3

I have a similar issue. However I get this message for the Compat package,
julia> Pkg.update()
INFO: Updating METADATA…
INFO: Computing changes…
ERROR: resolve is unable to satisfy package requirements.
The problem was detected when trying to find a feasible version
for package Compat.
However, this only means that package Compat is involved in an
unsatisfiable or difficult dependency relation, and the root of
the problem may be elsewhere.

Stacktrace:
[1] resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}) at ./pkg/resolve.jl:48
[2] resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}, ::Dict{String,Tuple{VersionNumber,Bool}}, ::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.Fixed}, ::Dict{String,VersionNumber}, ::Set{String}) at ./pkg/entry.jl:499

This too is a fresh install of Julia Pro 0.6.2.2 MKL version on linux mint 18.3. Not sure how functional the install is at this polnt.


#4

I got around the problem. What I did was to install the command line Julia, and then installed atom independently. Then I installed the Julia packages inside atom. Finally, I linked atom to the binaries of the command line Julia. It’s working fine now.


#5

The command line julia is presumably the one you can download from Julia’s main web page. However is that julia actually 0.6.2.2? The reason I ask is that another package, DifferentialEquations, I think seems to require the later julia.

Not sure how you can detect the minor version numbers within julia, since both 0.6.2.1 and 0.6.2.2 show the version as 0.6.2. Maybe versioninfo() gives more information.

What this means is that you are not running JuliaPro, if that makes any difference, and it means that JuliaPro 0.6.2.2 appears to have problems for some users.


#6

AFAIK the binaries just use major.minor.patch semantic versioning, so the current stable is v0.6.2. The additional .2 is a JuliaPro thing.


#7

You are right. The command line Julia is version 0.6.2. However, I have added the package DifferentialEquations in the same version, and it works fine.

When you start Julia, it’s gives the version number in the “preamble.”


#8

Can you describe (or provide a link) the process of linking atom to the binaries of Julia Command line?


#9

The step-by-step process is given in the following link:

http://docs.junolab.org/latest/man/installation.html

After you set up Julia in Atom, go to “Julia” tab, then click “settings”. Inside the settings, you will notice the entry “Julia Path.” There, all you have to do is give the path to the “bin” folder that you get when you install the command line Julia on your system.

Hope that helps.


#10

Fix for this issue can be found here


#11

Thanks Harsha, this worked for me. Now if I could just get the MKL version to work. It seems that it’s using my system python instead of the supplied python and creating some kind of conflict with the Blas libraries.


#12

You can configure your JuliaPro installation to use other Python distributions, steps for doing this can be found in JuliaPro Linux Quick Start Guide, section 4.1 (Page 4)