When I try to add or remove any packages or even run Pkg.update() with Julia, I get the following error:
ERROR: resolve is unable to satisfy package requirements.
The problem was detected when trying to find a feasible version
for package NullableArrays.
However, this only means that package NullableArrays is involved in an
unsatisfiable or difficult dependency relation, and the root of
the problem may be elsewhere.
What does this error message even mean and how can I fix this? Thanks for any help in advance.
As much as I respect the effort of the JuliaPro team, I am wondering if the product is beneficial at the current stage of the package ecosystem. Specifically, things move fast, and it is the users who think they are using a user-friendly solution who are hit by these issues.
Yeah, we had to specifically discourage JuliaPro usage during the robotics tutorial we ran last week because of this issue. I’m hoping the situation will improve with Pkg3 (second only to Cassette.jl on my list of future-packages-that-will-solve-all-my-problems).
I tried this solution, but it didn’t work… When I open the REQUIRE file in a text editor, I only have 2 lines of text. Compat 0.55.1 0.55.1+ appears somewhere in the first line, but when I replace it by Compat and run Pkg.resolve(), there is an error: Julia is not able to read the two lines because all commands are written sequentially and changing Compat induces an error of reading