No longer a place here for sharing Julia projects?

If I’m not mistaken, there used to be a subcategory of Community named Showcase where projects could be shared - I haven’t been back to the forum for awhile - seems this is gone? Also, projects could be shared on JuliaHub in the past - now it seems that it’s a modeling platform.
I don’t have anything amazing to share, just beginner projects - is this still encouraged - or maybe GitHub is the best place to do this?

3 Likes

The closest thing we have right now is probably Package Announcements - Julia Programming Language

2 Likes

There is Package Announcements for… package announcements :slight_smile:

Otherwise, you can just use Community. A recent topic posted in Community :

You probably should not post the code directly here, unless it’s a small snippet. People often use github for their projects (or an alternative such as bitbucket, gitlab, codeberg, …) and post a link here.

Regarding the question whether beginner projects are encouraged to be share here, I don’t know. People usually ask for help when something doesn’t work (which frequently happens in beginner projects), or they share things that others might find interesting (which beginner projects rarely are).

4 Likes

That would be my simple .wav generating program - haha. But I’d submit that beginner projects are VERY interesting to beginner programmers. Thanks - I’ll use DEV and GitHub.

2 Likes

I would say it isn’t explicitly discouraged, so it is implicitly encouraged !? Right?

2 Likes

I definitely want to see people sharing projects. There’s just been a push to have fewer subcategories to make moderation more manageable. I would agree with posting them in Community.

3 Likes