I am developing a simple game library for the Julia programming language

My game library: Nexa

I am currently creating a simple game library for the Julia programing language. It is called Nexa and at the moment I have simple key presses, image loading, and a simple game loop. It is not much right now but I only started working on it 2 days ago.

My goal:

My goal for this project is to make a simple library to make game easily in Julia. Something like raylib, its not too bloated but still very easy to use.

Why am I making this?

Well one the julia game dev ecosystem is super scarce and there are only a couple libraries that are actually good.

GameZero:

It’s simple but you can only use one file and doesn’t really seem to be good for large scale projects.

JulGame:

Its pretty good so far. The main thing that loses me is the fact that it has a required editor. I am not a big fan of that because I want something more like a “game framework” instead of a “game engine” meaning I don’t really want an editor like unity or something.

Bplus:

It is really well made but it is very low level and I want something that’s easier for someone to get into.

If you want to check out the github it is right here. GitHub - SabeDoesThings/Nexa.jl: A simple upcoming game library for the Julia programing language

I will be posting updates on the Julia discord server in the game-development channel.

Hopefully I’ll see you there :slight_smile:

13 Likes

amazing

2 Likes

Looks really cool. :+1:t2:

1 Like