Name of Julia fans?

I am surprised nobody suggested: Romeos!

Edit: Oh, maybe I realized it why. The original is Juliet. My native language has this name as Julia.

7 Likes

I suppose because it is against the community guidelines to sexualize the name Julia:

In particular, do not sexualize the term “Julia” or any other aspects of the project. While “Julia” is a female name in many parts of the world, the programming language is not a person and does not have a gender.

1 Like

Julian :heart: Julia

Multiple Dispatch Riders

Julian as an adverb, as in “the Julian way”. For afficionados I’d go for Julianista or Juliast.

1 Like

I typically call Julia diehards either stans, zealots or apologists depending on how charitable I’m feeling. Of course, I reserve the term “enjoyer” for myself.

I agree that Julian is more of a descriptor. As an example, for “idiomatic Julia” I would write “Julian”. I think there is no commonly used on-word term for a Julia developer like “Pythonista”; I tend to just say Julia dev.

1 Like

DispatchDynamites is :fire:

1 Like

I thought you meant cooling fans !

Which lead me to think it would be fun to have a cooling fan in the shape and colours of the Julia logo :julia:, a 3D printer project for someone perhaps?

1 Like

Julianists is the first that comes to my mind, but Julians is probably the most used already

1 Like

I want to throw my hat in the ring: juliates

Julii (pronunced ju-lie). The ii at the end could be the imaginary unit i, multiplied by itself: ii = -1. Also, the shape of ii could resemble \pi .

1 Like

I say we just pivot hard and call ourselves “Sams.” When asked if Sam is a person or thing we named ourselves after, we just respond “No.”

6 Likes