Move REPL pane to the right

Perhaps a basic question, but being new to both - Atom and Juno - I can’t find the right search query.

With Emacs, I used to the following window layout:

Note that text editor window is on the left, and REPL is on the right. Half of the screen is enough to see all the code on the left, and having another half dedicated to REPL let’s me do a lot of interactive stuff and see its results.

Now I want to replicate the same setup in Juno. With simple-panes package I can move editor pane to the right and back with Ctrl-K + <right>/<left>, but REPL pane doesn’t work like that.

Is such layout - with editor on the left and REPL on the right - supported or should I use other means of viewing results of expressions (e.g. inline results)?

You can click down on the REPL titlebar and drag it to a new location, left, right, above, below the main edit window, so you should be able to get the layout you’re looking for. As far as being able to split the window and then move the REPL to a particular buffer via key commands, I don’t know if that is possible. I’m also relatively new to Atom (coming from vim).

Indeed! Dragging the titlebar to any desired side works perfectly, I don’t know why I didn’t try it myself!

Since my original post I instead upgraded my Emacs setup and now feel comfortable again, but if I ever get back to Atom this answer will be very useful, thank you!

1 Like